Rabagirana TVET school
Rabagirana has been gathering resources that can help practitioners, students, and visitors who are interested in reconciliation. These resources include DVDs of different approaches used by different organizations, booklets, a full database with organizations involved in reconciliation, books, testimonies that can be visualized, symbols of peace and reconciliation, and items with peace and reconciliation messages.
We have now included a section on inter-cultural studies to encourage appreciation of diversity. In Rwanda, we have many multi-racial teams that need to understand key principles of harmony of relationships across our differences. The center too will have books on intercultural interaction. We will also have drawings and symbols representing historical and cultural distinctiveness of large groupings and displaying facts of history that affect our present-day understanding of those who are different.
For those who want to help:
• You can provide a financial contribution to transport, accommodation, and equipment for university students who do research, collect data and testimonies, conduct surveys and write essays.
• You can contribute financially to purchase computers, screens, software as well as needs isolated cabins for 2 to 4 people who can interact with the material in their learning.
• You can contribute with skilled labor in the area of IT, design, photography/video, building decoration or arts as we will be permanently upgrading, improving and increasing the range of our products.
Sponsor 1 peace practitioner to attend the International School of Reconciliation in February 2020.
Rwanda has a message for the other nations: forgiveness is possible! After being invited to train teams, speak in conferences or media and share the ‘Rwandan experience,’ Dr Rhiannon and Joseph have found themselves running all over the world and found it ineffective and unwise to continue. They came up with the idea of the International School of Reconciliation, a 3-Week Course that include the Healing the Wounds of Ethnic Conflict (now Healing Hearts Transforming Nations (HHTN)), the training that enables one to teach the material or use it in different formats, a practicum and outreach to the community. Participants are encouraged and coached to repackage the message according to their context.
So far, we have conducted 5 schools and participants have come up with reconciliation initiatives in more than 20 nations. In our attempts to keep the standard high, we have reduced the main ‘campuses’ to 3:
1. The 20 Day International School of Reconciliation (ISOR) happens once in 2 years in Kigali.
2. The 10 Day French School Ecole Internationale de Reconciliation an Afrique (EIRA) happens 1 in every year in Abidjan in partnership with AGIR.
3. 1/year Russian speaking School in Ukraine in partnership with Resonate International.